Lunes, Abril 18, 2011

Holy Monday Reflection: Humility


Today, God thought me the essentials of humility. I have material things I needed; shelter, food, clothes, shoes, watches, book etc., but sometimes I complain having less. I don’t have ipod, I don’t have the height, my skin is not fair enough, etc. But when I open my eyes, even kings and queen of other nation doesn’t have a perfect life. I opened my eyes and I saw a homeless child lying on the street floor and begging for alms. I looked at the other side, I saw a man without the left arms and on that point, I knew how lucky I was to have complete body parts.
God taught me today that humility is an act of being empty. Remember the keywords: Humility is being empty. Humility is being desperate that our good God will fill you up. I life, we have so many problems we face everyday. Some are simple problems that we can easily overcome. But sometimes life throws us a problems we don’t know how to solve. Then, that the time we have to pray to the Lord and ask him to solve our problems. When we have problems that we cannot solve, we become empty, and being empty is okay. That leads us to our Lord’s guidance.

Like my favorite author, Bo Sanchez said: “The day a successful person stops being humble is the day he prepares for his downfall.” What does I meant? For me, it means that the more we become successful we are, the more we should be humble to everyone else. Life is everyday learning experience. God arranged people in our life to inspire, challenge, train, teach us in every aspect that we have to learn to prepare us to be worthy of his glory. Jesus said: ‘For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.’ Romans 12:3

Humility is not just being empty but being empty at all. Like Jesus who undress himself and went down to the world and live like an ordinary man. He was crucified and died for us to redeem the world from sin. This Holy Week, let us start to be humble and reflect to our mistakes and ask for God’s forgiveness.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento